Friday, February 23, 2007

Customers

I'm all fired up and raring to go. I've got five new products and a huge amount of new stock that took me nearly five hours to weigh, pack and label. Van all stocked up, off I went to start cold calling, which I having been putting off for three or four months now as I hate it. I chose a small village on the edge of the Cotswold's that hasn't got a supermarket within five miles. First house I go to was a huge mansion with gardens that could have been open to the public they were so beautiful. A very elegant lady and her husband come to the door and look at me as if I had arrived with a van full of gold for them. Excited wasn't the word they were ecstatic!!! All they did was look in the back of the van and randomly pick 10 boxes ranging from Salmon to Sirloin Steaks. I added up the bill and it came to £385. Cheque duly tucked in my wallet I carried all the boxes into their outhouse where the freezer was located. Wails of disbelief from the woman as she opened the freezer to find that it had packed up and everything in it had defrosted including I might add 10 huge lobsters. Cheque duly returned and 10 boxes returned to the van I left shouting at the top of my voice Fuck Fuck Fuck. Life never gets better it just changes direction all the time.

No comments: