Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh dear!

I seem to have upset a few and pleased at least 1 who was the only one to post a comment. Those of you who e-mailed me including the incredibly rude guy who's language even I was shocked by (maybe that's why he didn't post) appear to have got the wrong end of the stick.

The point I am making is that they have one of the most beautiful places in the world with history and culture unmatched in any other country on the planet. But every one I speak to talks of nothing else but the crime and not what you can do as a tourist. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't live there again for a myriad of reasons of which one of them is security but will continue telling everyone I meet that they must go and do as much as they can as it is a spectacular place and for a tourist relatively safe or at least as safe as India, Russia, Thailand and Saudi Arabia.

Helen is right, many of the younger ones I meet in London haven't even traveled in SA yet alone our fascinating country and yet they think they have the authority to advise the traveler what to do.

My point made I will now keep quiet and get on with telling amusing little stories.

2 comments:

ExAfrica said...

Wrong though you may be, I still love you

Single and Happy said...

You have become a SA through and through. but at least you love me.